Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loco
    • Feb 2002

splitting one big mpg file ???

i have sucessfully ripped a dvd onto my hard drive. i have also sucessfully converted it to one big mpg file. the files plays perfectly from beginning to end. i now need to split the file to burn it with nero.

i have been trying like hell to use tmpgenc but all i get are errors. can someone please suggest another tool to split this file ? i also tried dvtoos, however after splitting, the first section would play, the second split would not. im looking for a very simple mpeg splitter or any advice on how to accomplish this task.....

many thanks to all that respond.....
  • EvoSx
    • Feb 2002

Are you going to burn the mpg as a VCD or SVCD?
    Otherwise, why not convert to DivX, and get the whole movie on one CD?

/evo
    I'll never have to buy another beer coaster for the rest of my life!

Comment

• loco
      • Feb 2002

burning mpeg file

well, my plan was to burn to vcd so i can watch it on my stand alone dvd player. but, at this point, im getting frustrated, and im of course open to other options.

thing is, im familiar with vcd and like it, i guess i would prefer to keep it that way.....

thanks for the reply !

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
        • Nov 2001

I would only recomend you use TMPGEnc to cut your MPEG files as its one of the few relatively simple programs that produce a 100% compliant MPEG file. What is the error that your getting ? I have given step by step instructions on how to cut using TMPGEnc in other posts, so do a quick search and you'll fine them. If not check out the many tutorials on MPEG conversion and cutting

Let us know how you get on

Cheers

Comment

• loco
          • Feb 2002

big mpg split

well, thanks for the reply. i have been told by many that tmpgenc is the best way to do this. but, the problem is, it simply wont let me. i keep getting this darn adress error.....its killing me. i have been trying for hours again tonight and still cant get around this stinking error !!!

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
            • Nov 2001

Try vcd cutter, ie. if all else has failed

Cheers

Comment

• The Sorcerer
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Jan 2002

DVTool

If it won´t work try DVTool it´s realy easyfast and u can cut exatly MB´s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Sorry about my bad english!!!!

Comment

• loco
                • Feb 2002

success !!!!

ok, have you ever been online or in the middle of an application and received an app error ? as long as you dont acknowledge the app error by clicking "ok" you can continue to search or use your application. as soon as you click "ok" the application will shut down. well, i used this theory last night when i was trying to figure out how to get around this error.

when the error popped up, i simply moved it to the side of the screen, and hit run on the main tmpgenc screen, and it did its job perfectly.

this is a good thing to know, if anyone else runs into the same problem, we now know how to help them

Comment

Working...