Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RavishingRocket
    • Dec 2001

b frame decoder lag.....ahhhhh help!

everytime i go to re-encode a file that uses the xvid codec, i get the "warning: nothing to ouput, b frame decoder lag" on the resulting avi. i just installed the newest version of the xvid codec(1.0.1) but it was doing this before that. i use virtualdub when re-encoding. any help here guys? thanks
  • Soulhunter
    • Mar 2004

Dont care about this message, its harmless...

Btw, why do you re-encode ???

Bye

Member of E.V.I.L. Corp. 2003 ® - Website in progress...

Comment

• RavishingRocket
      • Dec 2001

sometimes i get avi's that are 2 cd's (700mb or so each) so i join them and then re-encode them to compress to 1 cd and thats when i get the lag message.

Comment

• Soulhunter
        • Mar 2004

Ok...

Bye

Member of E.V.I.L. Corp. 2003 ® - Website in progress...

Comment

• zEkilLa
          • Aug 2004

Hi !
          I'm new in this forum so i try to answer you best if my english is not too broken and bad (cuz i'm from germany).
          I've got the same problem few days ago but managed to fix the problem by searching all possible forums and boards.

Here's what i found :

It's a german board where the problem was discussed and solved (U cannot read german right ?)

So i try the english version for you.

Soulhunter's is right cuz the message "warning: nothing to ouput, b frame decoder lag" is harmless unless you reencode the avi movie file. Mostly these avi files are coded with the xvid-codec without the packet bitstream option i think.
          It has something to do with the IBBP frame group or so --> means the xvid avi file lags at the B-frame cuz xvid reorders the IBBP group in other ways bla bla bla.

This message appeared to me whenever i wanted to reeconde or transcode to SVCD or VCD in TMPEGEnc or VirtualDub(MOD). I nearly got mad when i tried everthing to get rid of this damn warning (newest codec, tried every codec pack available, newest version of TMPEGEnc or VirtualDub --> nothing helped)

So what to do ?

There's a small utility called AVI FourCC Code Changer. Search for it at www.google.com or download it from here :

Download software for playing and making DivX movies

- launch it
          - choose your xvid avi file
          - change "FourCC Description Code" and "FourCC Used Code" from XviD to something other e.g. DivX
          - try to load your fixed avi file in TMPEGEnc or VirtualDub

--> the message should be gone and there should be no problems with the avi file and with the encoding process

Hope it helps you . I was really surprised how easy that is. Tell me if it works for you.

zEkilLA

P.S. if it works for you and if you are subscribed to other forums and boards plz post this solution to others !!

Comment

Working...