Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoomer
    • Feb 2002

Sync error with Virtual dub

When i try to encode a mpeg file to a divx 4.12 file, virual dub gives me an error at a cetain frame. The error sais: Sync error.
    Whats that and how can i solve this?
    thanks
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Remove the "corrupt" frame in TMPGEnc perhaps? Or if possible try to remove the corrupt frame in virtualdub.

Comment

• hoomer
      • Feb 2002

how do i know how many frames are corrupted? Because its ore than one, because i alreadu tried to remove the frame but next and the nxet are also corrupted. How do i know how many?

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Download the latest version of TMPGEnc. Under "file" select "output to file" select "avi". However, you may be left with a large uncompressed avi file that could be as large as or possibly larger than 8 GB---make sure you have lots of free disk space. You can then re-compress this file to divx 4.12 in Virtual Dub.

I think there is software at divx-digest.com that can be used to fix or determine how many frames are corrupt.

Alternatively, try a different divx codec in Virtual Dub. Also, the "version" of Virtualdub does make a difference. Generally, the latest version is the best. However, you may want to experiment with different versions. This just might work.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"However, you may be left with a large uncompressed avi file that could be as large as or possibly larger than 8 GB"

Not if you look VERY carefully to the right of the "Video" and "Audio" selection boxes. You'll see the tiniest of slivers of radio buttons. If you carefully click on the one to the right of "Video", you'll be able to avail yourself to all the video compression codecs (including DivX) that you may have installed on your system ;>}

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Yes, Setarip is correct. This additional step would greatly simplify the process of conversion, and allow you to eliminate any need for Virtualdub, hopefully.

I neglected to mention this, however, there is also other software available (check divx-digest.com) for mpeg to avi conversions.

Comment

Working...