Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thbirb
    • Jun 2004

clips

I currently have movies that are on my pc. I am interested in "cutting" a few clips from the movie for a powerpoint presentation. As anyone aware of software that will allow me to do this?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

What video format will Power Point accept?

Comment

• thbirb
      • Jun 2004

Format

I can manipute any format once I get a clip, I just can't figure how to cut a segment 10-15 seconds from a full length movie.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"I just can't figure how to cut a segment 10-15 seconds from a full length movie"

Is the movie on DVD? If so, use DVD Shrink in "Re-author" mode. Use the "Start/End" feature to cut the desired length of the clip.

Comment

• thbirb
          • Jun 2004

Got it,,, however

Once you get the cut, how do you save it to a new file. The documentation does not go into that feature. And I greatly appreciate your help here.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"Once you get the cut, how do you save it to a new file."

If you use Shrink, it will save the clip in a DVD-related file structure. (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). If it is a short clip, there will most likely be only "One" VOB file. This file is the one that you will need. In most cases, just change the three-letter extension of the file from .VOB to .MPG and import it into Power Point. Once you have the clip range that you want in DVD Shrink, just click "Backup".

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

As an alternative to the suggestion by "ormonde", to simply cut clips from a decrypted DVD, use either MPEGCutter (MPEG2CUT.EXE) or CHOPPERXP...
              Last edited by setarip; 14 Jun 2004, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• rsquirell
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Feb 2003

Actually there will be several .VOB files...but only one contains the movie. It'll look like VTS_01_01.VOB....or something like that...click on it to make sure it plays. MPEG2CUT is also a good MPEG2/DVD cutter.
                Last edited by rsquirell; 14 Jun 2004, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...