X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Subtitles for TMPGEnc

I wish to have subtitles for an anime DVD rip. What I was thinking of doing is to use DVD2AVI frameserver and vFAPI plug-in. I will open the 'fake' avi file using TMPGEnc. The problem is, of course, I have no way of importing in the subtitles. I usually use vdub's vobsub to get the subtitles. However, it can't be used in this case. I tried running vdub's frameserver, but apparently TMPGEnc couldn't open it.

Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance!
  • ShortyMan
    • Feb 2002

If i were in that situation, (and i will be, im copying anime and some will need subtitles eventually), i would make a divx movie with virtualdub and use the vobsub plugin and de-interlace it with the smart-deinterlacer and send the divx to TMPGEnc and use noise reduction (under advanced tools). I haven't tried the noise reduction with subtitles, so it might make the subtitles look a little awkward. But trial & error should work out for ya.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I could do that of course, but that would take too long. I prefer the process to be straight-forward. Moreover, encoding a video file too often can result in quality degradation. Also, I have heard that TMPGEnc handles deinterlacing process more effectively and better than Smart Deinterlacer can and I would like to try that out.

Comment

Working...