A7N8X deluxe PCB 2.0 Bios Updates!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floppy

A7N8X deluxe PCB 2.0 Bios Updates!!!

I have noticed that people with this motherboard are a bit short of bios updates... they are slow to be released.

Latest Version 1008_D available from ASUS website here: 394kb download!!! (added suport for the Semprom processor)

And the pre-release version 1008 beta002 is made available by/to OEM manufacturers only...

Post reply here for the pre-release size is 512kb wont upload to Digital Digest Server.
    This File is dated of 11/05/2003. and it's not a reworked/hacked version!!! It's the real deal... This is the version I have since purchasing the computer from the manufaturer.

All the usual disclaimers come with these flashes. It is provided as is and with no warranty. It works a treat with me and I have had it for 3 months now...Now updated to the newest version since 11/08/2004 22:30 London time.

Used windows to do this update With ASUS update utility which can be found here:

Last edited by Guest; 12 Aug 2004, 06:14 PM.
  • Fruityth1ng
    • Aug 2004

Woohoo!

Dear Fil,
    thanks for posting it in this way!
    I'd love to have it,
    and I'd be happy to upload (my own ftp) it somewhere too.

Please send it to me on:
    hvb [at] xs4all [dot] nl
    (Minor spam protection

Thanks a bundle!
    Greets,
    Fruity.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi fruity

I have e-mailed to the address above an sent the bios update for the mobo.

Comment

• Floppy

Hacked/patched bios flashes

I would like to share crucial information about Bios flashes and really impress on the importance of having the right one for your mobo.

It is well known that certain sites and people will not think twice about offering and flashing their motherboards with hacked bios versions ripped off other "similar" motherboards. These are bios version patched so that a normal bios will accept the flash (code/new instructions).

The peolple that flash their bios with these hacked/patched versions are hoping it will cure certains problems that may be caused by their current bios versions, but even though everything may seem normal, users must consider the following.

- Same chipsets do not equal same duplicate components or how they carry out instructions.

- Basic and extreme design diferences have an influence in how components work carry out instructions or are dealt with at all levels i.e. performance.

-All other peripherals depend on a bios to make sure that they are recognized properly and receive that right alocation not to mention the right voltage to the smallest detail can have a great influence on their performance and reliability.

-Live span of these components and peripherals.

The bios flash is basicaly a clean hard code written specifically to cater for these factors and many other factors, even then if this code it is not up to scratch, we experience reliability problems and so on.
        In recent times this code has become better and more reliable, but still far from the utopia we would all like.

I have to say that personnaly I will not risk it and if somebody does, then all I have to say is if they experince problems, they should be thinking about this.

OEM bios versions are fine for a retail motherboard and vice versa because of one simply fact. They are of equal design and specification with the same components and only vary in what peripherals they may have plugged in to the diferent slots. If they are not you will not be able to perform the flash.

I hope you guys understand the importance of this.
        Last edited by Guest; 12 Aug 2004, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Fruityth1ng
          • Aug 2004

That said, and thanking Phil here for it, I did have one of those "dodgy 1008's" installed for a while without any probelems - other than the ones that made me look for a fresh bios, that is

Right now, I'm on this 1008 beta002, and will be on the freshly released 1008 (check asus.com.tw! ) in a minute. If I encounter any problems, I'll use my other pc to post so

Have a safe bios-day!
          F.

Comment

Working...