Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NBAJ2K
    • Jan 2003

SVCD and XVid to DVD question

I have 2 files that were from a DVDrip originally but were ripped to SVCD format. I wanted to know the easiest way to put them back together and onto a DVD.

I see that TMPEG DVD Author was mentioned to be used.

Now if i have something else, I believe its an Xvid, is that pretty easy to put to a DVD also?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

~J
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I have 2 files that were from a DVDrip originally but were ripped to SVCD format. I wanted to know the easiest way to put them back together and onto a DVD."

DVDLab will DIRECTLY convert SVCDs to DVD format...

"I believe its an Xvid, is that pretty easy to put to a DVD also?"

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (XviD-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• NBAJ2K
      • Jan 2003

thanks sorry it took so long for me to respond i wasn't able to check this until now.

ill definitely get back to let you know how it worked.

also just wondering will any of these ways that you listed work also with divx or dvr files also to convert them to dvd? there are a bunch of different file types that i wanted to put on dvds as i just bought myself this dvdburner that i really wanted to use!

If it ends up been too complicated don't worry was just wondering.

Thanks again,

~J

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"wondering will any of these ways that you listed work also with divx"

Yes:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (XviD-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this -

and everything else that followed in my initial response. The key part is "the .AVI (XviD-compressed or otherwise)" - A DivX-compressed .AVI should be handled the same way...

Comment

Working...