Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamieuk23
    • Nov 2003

Black And White Picture!! From Ntcs Vhs Tape- In Wintv 2000

I have my VCR connected to my PVR-250 using s-video connection..... when i open Wintv 2000 and choose composite 2 + NTSC M, the picture is black and white.

I have spent nearly 6 hours trying to fiddle with diffrent setting and still have had no luck!!..... I have even tried using the s-video cable that came with my PVR-250 + a exspensive 1 that I bought to day and the picture is still BLACK AND WHITE.

I live on the uk so my format is PAL, but I have a multi region VHS player which plays NTCS format, I have pluged the VHS player in to my TV and the tape plays fine - regards to colour....

Any ideas or advice on wot I can do, I am realy realy stuck and fustrated on this 1.

thanks to any 1 who can help me out!!! realy do apreciate it !!!.

cheers jamie
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

In my experience, multi-system players have this problem. They are designed to output a psuedo signal, but not a pure signal, so even though you can play the tape on your TV, it is not an actual NTSC signal, which the capture device needs. You can read up more on this, but will probably end up with the same solution I opted for: buying an NTSC player (ot too expenseive these days).

Comment

• Easier Way?
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2003

You would need a svhs vcr to get a svhs signal as ordinary UK vcrs only give rf or composite outputs. A scart to svhs adaptor would not get the colour signal from a standard vcr scart. Can you use the yellow composite connectors (or scart adaptor) on your vcr or borrow a svhs vcr and try it out?

Comment

Working...