X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boarderman07
    • Apr 2004

DVD Player

Hello,
    I have a Toshiba SD-4700 and it has worked great for about a year and a half. Now, whenever I put in a dvd-r that I made using the lastest DVD shrink I get a Check Disk Error. If I turn the player off and on a few times it eventually reads the disc. This also occurs for the original movie discs as well. The discs I am using are TDK or Imation. I think I am going to purchase a new dvd player. Can anyone tell me what the best dvd player is as far as longevity and compatability.

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you first tried a less expensive possible solution? Run a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your player. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10 US...

Comment

• de Witte
      DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
      • Jul 2004

I have repaired CD/DVD players for many years.
      Never use a cleaning disc was my advise. they don't do a good job. only wiping a bit af dust of your lens.
      When the lens is dirty the best way to clean it is to do it with a Q-tip (be carefull). If this doesn't work then the laser is end of life. normally this may not happen after a year and a half so go to your dealer and ask for repair under garantee. (sorry for my poor english i'm just dutch).
      Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

• boarderman07
        • Apr 2004

I have tried the Maxwell DVD cleaning kit. After using that, no DVD's will read now. If I was to try and use the Q tip how do I get to the laser to wipe it off? Will I have to unsrew something?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• de Witte
          DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
          • Jul 2004

Yes, and it depending on the brand and type how and what to umscrew. If your not familiar with it , don't do it your self. As i said : the best thing to do go to your dealer! It's not normal for a player to get broken in a year and a half.
          Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

Working...