X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Troy Spiral
    • Jul 2004

Dumbass Question Alert!

Hello,

I've tried searching the forums but im a bit at a loss as to what search terms to use for what im looking for.

Right now i "enable faster speed" on my Plextor 708a by holding down the eject button for a bit. I used to know what this is actually called, but have forgotten what the term for it is, and , im trying to figure out if my other drive (just a reader) has the same ability to be "speeded up" (holding down the eject button doesnt do it) (Sony DDU 1621)

I remember there was a list somwhere of the drives, and what you could do to enable this faster (read?) speed but as im not even sure what its CALLED im at a loss. I searched under "enable speed" and "double speed" but didnt come up with any relevant info.

Please help if you can.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:
    http//www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdwriters (If necessary, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to determine the make and model number)

Comment

• Troy Spiral
      • Jul 2004

<edited>

Yet more problems... gahh computers are 99% frustration and 1% enjoyment.

Thanks for trying to help though. > invests in a shotgun and shoots every peice of computing equipment in the house>

PEACE AT LAST !! grrrrr
      Last edited by Troy Spiral; 26 Jul 2004, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks for trying to help though."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Troy Spiral
          • Jul 2004

meh my reader isnt listed. I tried doing a general seach on yahoo for Sony DDU1621 all i could find was prices and such. =(

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Sorry, I overlooked your parenthetical statement ("just a reader"):

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

Working...