Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • none
    • Jan 2004

any1 know vgmv

i just downloaded a avi file. But a enable to open the file using any player. i tried use gspot to open, it say is a invalid file, i used virtualdubmod, it failed to open. The only information i know bout the file is thru emule show file information: it show there the codec is "vgmv". Who knows what codec is this ... i really no idea.. try search over the net.. it said bout video game music videos..
    is there any decoder to download..??
  • aminotic
    • Sep 2004

The vgmv movie used xvd decoder (nither xvid nor divx). You can download this file in following websites:

The file provides directshow and player.
    Enjoy this..

Comment

• guada
      • Jun 2004

Good evening Aminotic,

It makes one moment that I had not heard to speak of the XVD format.
      Do you use it Aminotic?
      Does XVD have evolved since its update (v1.03)?

Comment

• aminotic
        • Sep 2004

I have used XVD decoder for some avi movies. The VGMV was 4cc codes and can be translated by XVD video decoder filter.

ed2k://|file|[Tokyo-Hot]Stewardess.-.Mai.Kuramoto._Ü¥»»R(XVD+vg2).avi|611850008|0E D544FAB00EC2EECB712B4CE2AE0F4B|/ vgmv

I had the same problems as None until I used key word "tokyo-hot". The final resolution was found in google by xvd player.
        Last edited by aminotic; 14 Sep 2004, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• guada
          • Jun 2004

Ok.
          What mode of compression do you use currently, for your DVD rips or your captures?
          What is the software that you privilege and why?

Bye

Comment

• aminotic
            • Sep 2004

Hello ! Guada.
            I use dv tapes to save my dv movie owing to even mpeg 2 format still lose resolution. For this reason , I bought a dehumidifier to preserve my dv tapes. My favorite DV movie editor was cyberlink "power director 3.0" due to adobe premiere cannot smoothly run in my computer.
            For the downloading mpeg4 files , I used tempgenc to transform these movies to mpeg1 formate. I like to see my movies in TV by DVD/VCD player. The tempgenc can support directshow and higher resolution than EO video. However, I still had some problems about tempgenc. Such as vgmv, the tempgenc cannot translate this file but eo video can. I try to install VFAPI driver but in vain. You may resolve my problems . Thanks...........

Aminotic is a old doctor from Taiwan.
            Last edited by aminotic; 15 Sep 2004, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Working...