Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeeRobertE
    • Jan 2004

VHS to DVD help

I have made some DVD's from various sources so I'm familiar with the burning process but I would like to convert some VHS tapes (Grandaughters Disney Videos) to DVD for convience and longer life.

Does anyone here have a process they use to do this that has worked well for them, and one that they are willing to share with me?

My equipment consists of a Dell PC with an IOmega Super DVD drive that will burn almost all formats. I have a GeForce FX5200 video card and I have a Haupengauge TV capture card and several VHS player/recordes I can connect to my computer either via the TV card or my video card.

I have a variety of software applications including WinDVD Creator, DVD Xcopy, Pinicale studio, Nero, IOMega Hot burn etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share some information with me.
  • poolenglish
    • Jul 2004

I put my vcr on top of my comp tower.
    Run the coax cable from the out of the vcr to the coax input on my tv card (mine is a pci type) .
    Then i capture the signal when playing the vcr..... as a TV signal thru my software, either 'nero' or 'power producer 2 gold'.
    I then save the copied file to my hardrive, edit, save, or burn it from there.
    Practice with dvd-rw's, they work in most dvd players. When you get it right burn it to a dvd-r.
    I hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

• Phytrax
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Jul 2004

Pinnacle should be good for making/editing the movie once you capture it.

Comment

Working...