Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rudikma
    • Jan 2004

Video Skips

Hello, When I put video in my computer through A / V the first 30 seconds the video and the audio is fine, but after those 30 seconds the video starts to skip. Why is it that does that and how can I solve the problem. Thanks
  • Phytrax
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2004

Make sure you close all other programs that you can. The ones by your windows clock too. It is probably skipping when your RAM gets full. More RAM may help but then it might only give you 20 min instead of 30 sec. Also, does the file skip when you play it back or just the preview skip when you're recording?

Comment

• Rudikma
      • Jan 2004

The video skips whn I play it after I record it. While recording everything is fine.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Try using higher quality media (such as Ritek) - and make certain that you're not running any background programs while burning...
        Last edited by setarip; 4 Aug 2004, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• Phytrax
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jul 2004

I got the impression it was skipping from the hard drive, but if the DVD is skipping try different media. If it's skipping from the hard drive on playback it very well maybe be computer speed or too many resources being used during capture. Capture is done in real time and if the computer can't keep up you get errors. Could be CPU too slow, not enough ram, or hard drive too slow.

Comment

Working...