Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swanage
    • Aug 2004

Go Away Directors Commentary!

Just did my first Shrink with the help of ddlooping's excellent interactive guide!...I now have two files on my desktop...the Audio_ts which seems er to be empty?....and the Video_ts which contains segmented 0.99gb files of my movie (The Dreamers) but when I play them they contain the directors commentary even though I did a 're-author' with no extras included.....I thought specifying directors commentary would be somewhere in the extras and would not default to the main film itself?

Any ideas?

And also now I want to burn the film to DVD using Nero 6 is this an easy enough task with the two folders residing on the desktop?

Doh this is my first attempt...can you tell?!
  • shareminator
    • Jul 2004

In Nero 6 you have to chose DVD-Video as Project-Type. And put all the Files in the Folder Video_TS.

Concering the Director's Comment: Shunk the DVD in Reauthoring-Mode. I guess you did not chose any of the menus contained on the original disk. Without any menu the director's comment is automatically added to the movie I think.

If the movie is not too long AND the dvd has not too much bonusmaterial (otherwise the videoquality of the result will be too poor) you should chose backup instead of Re-Authoring. So you have all menus and extras and no problems with things like the director's comment.

Comment

• Swanage
      • Aug 2004

Thanks for that, it does seem that looking at screenshots from V3.1 that in' Audio' Directors Commentary gets a mention as a file that can be ticked to be left out....but this doesn't seem to happen in V3.2?....someone else posted that in one of the Vob files on their hardrive DC suddenly kicked in....though somehow when burning via Nero they got around this.....

I'll give it a go later today when I get my external drive hooked up!

Got a smile on my face still as my little P3/900 laptop with 512ram is encoding 4.3gb in 15 minutes...thought it was going to take an hour plus!

Comment

• Phytrax
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jul 2004

I had the problem on my hard drive, but I think it was different than yours. Anyway, I recommend using reauthor, but when you do so you can click the compression tab and select which sound tracks you use. The director's commentary will generally not be the first one. The first track will play when you put the DVD in. You can just uncheck the director's tracks if you want. I like to keep them usually.

When playing the DVD you can switch audio tracks on the fly with most players. There should be an audio button on your remote or on a pop up menu.

Comment

Working...