Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpl0ded
    • Aug 2004

Audio / Video Out Of Synch

I currently have a problem with trying to get an mpeg file to work correctly when converted into DVD format. I am a newb at this so please bare with me.

What I have done:

1) I converted the file from DivX to compatible mpg using AVOne AVI Converter. The resulting mpg file works perfectly fine when played in any player.

2) I then created the DVD files using IfoEdit.

The problem: Audio / Video out of synch in resulting DVD files.
    Once the files (.vob & .ifo) have been created I try playing them in WinDVD, BS Player, and Win Media Player and the audio/video files do not synchronize. I of course do not want to waste DVD-R's on burning bad DVD's so I have not tried to burn it yet.

Is there any way to fix this problem? Is there something else I should do? Please help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the original .AVI video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• xpl0ded
      • Aug 2004

Ok... here we go.

I tried to load the movie file in VirtualDub and got a "No video frames found in mpeg" error. So for giggles (also to see if I did something wrong). This is what I have now done:

1) I converted the file now to .avi
      2) Used TmpegEnc to get the .m2v and .wav file.
      3) Used IfoEdit to convert to DVD.

To my luck, same problem.

Here is the info you requested.

please help.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I converted the file from DivX"

The "DivX" file you refer to is a DivX-compressed .AVI file!

1) Load this original DivX-compressed .AVI video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• xpl0ded
          • Aug 2004

Did that, I got a "No video frames found in mpeg" error.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"The problem: Audio / Video out of synch in resulting DVD files."

You stated in your 2nd post "Used TmpegEnc to get the .m2v and .wav file." "Multiplex" together (using the "Mpeg Tools" feature in TMPGEnc) the .m2v and WAV file and save as a new mpeg-2 file. If the resulting file is still out of sync, try the following:

In TMPGEnc, load the “New” mpeg-2 file; click the "Setting" button at the bottom of the main dialog. Click on the "Advanced" tab and double-click on "Source Range". In that dialog at the bottom, there is an "Audio Gap Correct" window that will allow you to correct the audio by using a plus or minus value.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Did that, I got a "No video frames found in mpeg" error."

If that's the case, then your ORIGINAL file is NOT a DivX-compressed .AVI...

Comment

Working...