Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ngoducthang
    • Jun 2004

tmpgenc de-multiplex issue

hi i'm trying to author a dvd like usually do it by first making mpegs and then de-multiplexing it (splitting then into m1v and mp2 files) so that it will be accepted in tmpgenc dvd author 1.5. I have 20 mpg files of a chinese movie series. i'm in the process of de-multiplexing, but for some reason all the files seem to split fine except on file, which works but ends up missing the last 20 percent of the file. i tried to reencode it using tmpgenc, but it doesn't work, and i tried fixing it with vcd gear 3.55, but it doesnt' detect any errors. i'm guessing it a mpg file error, but i don't know how to correct it does nyone know what i should do? and is there a way to fix it?

also is there a way or a program that will author mpeg-1 (vcd) files without having to split the file into video & audio.
  • andrewpk200
    • Mar 2003

i have used tmpg dvd author to make multifilm dvds and i have never needed to split the audio and video streams, just make sure that dvd author looks to the Mpg file for the audio and it should be fine
    The Power of a Goldfish Should never be underestimated

Comment

• ziadost
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

yup, tmpgenc dvd author does not require you to split video and audio...

does the mpg file play fine on your PC? try encoding it with virtualdubmod.
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"is there a way or a program that will author mpeg-1 (vcd) files without having to split the file into video & audio."

As was stated in the previous responses, there is no need to "De-multiplex" the video and audio for the purpose of "Authoring". Simply "Create New Project" > "Add File" in DVD Author and the audio will be read from the file (mpeg-1 or mpeg-2). If the audio has a sampling rate of 44.1 KHz, DVD Author will automatically sample it to 48 KHz in the authoring process.

Comment

• ngoducthang
          • Jun 2004

thank you so much

i remember trying mpg before and i got an error i think that's why i thought it doesn't work with mpegs, sorry thanks for your help guys!

Comment

• ziadost
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

no problem
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"thanks for your help guys!"

Glad (We) could be of help.