X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cateye
    • Jul 2004

Interlaced!!! :S

Hi,

I am going crazy, I don't want to hear this word anymore!

But here comes my problem why I can't skip it yet. I am capturing with Premiere Pro from my Samsung DV camera. The video is very nice, smooth, sharp and so on. I watch it in different players and there is no sign of interlaced picture. I take it out from Adobe Premiere with Export Movie option and again, video is very nice and sharp in Media Player and when watching in Premiere player. But with both videos, the fresh captured and also exported edited video, opening them in VirtualDub they look very interlaced and have all the worst lines appearing. When compressing the video or just recompressing and saving with VD the same video looks interlaced in Media Player as well now. I just cannot see the way out. The video is like not interlaced and goes interlaced in VirtualDub. Even if it is interlaced, why can't I just watch it with Media Player after encoding with VD like I watched nicely the captured video for example?

I am sure that some setting must be wrong in my Virtualdub, but what da'heck is it?

I also have to include that when encoding with Dr. Divx, it is alright with it! No deinterlace neccessary!

Thanks!
    Last edited by cateye; 15 Aug 2004, 05:41 PM.
  • dodge
    Banned
    • Feb 2003

describe interlaced

Comment

• cateye
      • Jul 2004

What you mean? The video is just having lines visible with VirtualDub when faster motion occurs...

Comment

• dodge
        Banned
        • Feb 2003

Virtualdub displays both fields of the picture I think you can set it to display both fields.

What codec are you using to compress perhaps you should look at the settings for instance an .avi that is compressed set to progressive scan will cause flicker when trying to display fast moving scenes.

( You may already know but anyway)

An interlaced video signal is made up of two fields A&B
        A crt monitor or tv somtimes struggles to draw the picture during fast moving scenes
        by splitting the picture the bandwidth is reduced by half stopping the flicker on the screen.

Comment

Working...