X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khaybar
    • Aug 2004

DVD Movie flickers when in standalone player but perfect on PC

Hello.
    Im using DVD Shrink V3.2 and Nero V.6. Any how I am using DVD shrink to back up my dvds and it dose it fine no errors I have the two sub folders Audio_Ts with nothing in it and Video_Ts. I open up nero after the encoding place the appropriate files in the nero thingy let it burn at 2x even though the blank dvds are 4x (Platinum +R dvds 4.7 ) any ways I let nero do its job come back 1/2 an hour later and get my back up DVD, my problem is that when I put the movie into my standalone player (i've got 3 a sony a hitachi and a samsung --- sony and samsung are the ones that have both VHS and DVD compatibiliy) i have wonderfully nice dvd quality but the god damned thing keels flickering, i get boxes around some of the sections of the movie, then the movie will play nicely for 5 secods and then it dose it again. And the process keeps repeating, I dont seem to have this problem when playing the DVD off of my laptop! Any help? Thanks compression of the dvd is at most 87 % from DVD shrink!
  • Phytrax
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2004

It sounds like your player doesn't like the media you are using. If the whole picture flickers at one time maybe it's somethig else, but if you mean black patches appearing on the screen then it's probably media. Try the disk on some other players at a friends house or something. You didn't say which brand of disk you're using. Ritek tends to work very well for most people and they're cheap. Also DVD-R disk may work better if it's a media problem. So get you a small pack of Ritek DVD-R and see. Intermittent problems like yours are usually the media. Sometimes it's the burner, but if so the disks shouldn't work on your laptop.

Comment

• khaybar
      • Aug 2004

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll go out and try it. The dvd media I'm using is the Platinum DVD+R media disk things. Once agian thanks for your advice!

Comment

• Phytrax
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jul 2004

Something else to consider, some stand alone players will have problems with any type of burned disk.

Comment

• khaybar
          • Aug 2004

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...