X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geraldxx1
    • Aug 2004

vts file import problem

Hello,
    I wonder if anyone can help me? I am trying to import some video so that I can edit it. I find the easiest way to get video from my analog camcorder is to copy it via a DVD video recorder Phillips DVDR75 and then take the DVD to my computer and copy it to the hard drive, however I keep having a problem.

On the DVD I am trying to work on there are five VTS files, I am using Nero6 to edit it and I keep getting the warning "cannot import VTS 4. this is a common problem and very frustrating, I always seem to get one of the VTS files that won't import, this of course makes life very difficult, well impossible actually.

Is there a way around this problem?

I also use Pinnacle Studio 8 which doesn't like VTS files at all and Windows Movie Maker also won't import them. I'm tearing my hair out at the moment. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.
    Regards
    Gerald
  • Phytrax
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2004

If you can't copy and paste the files to the hard drive and get an error on the same file you probably have a bad spot on the disk from poor quality media.

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

The "Phillips DVDR75" appears to only support (+R, RW) media. Perhaps your DVD ROM or burner drive does not support (+R, RW) media upon transferring the files to your computer.

Comment

• technochic
        • Sep 2004

I had the same problem and have the exact same setup. I have a Philips DVDR77 and I record my VHS tapes onto a DVD+RW. Next I just run them through DVD Decryptor (it's free) and then I can take them into Nerovision Express (make a dvd) and edit them, add transitions, chapters, etc. Don't forget to download all the backgrounds for the menus and buttons too. Works great.

Comment

• geraldxx1
          • Aug 2004

thank you for that tip, I'll try to find a copy of DVD Decryptor and give it a go, Can't tell you how much I appreciate the advice.
          Cheers
          Gerald

Comment

Working...