Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elRaTok
    • Aug 2004

Creating DVD with Nero 6 from XVid

First of all. I know there is a lot of subjects about similar problems, but as a newbe, I could not found any solution for this. So, maybe someone of you gurus would like to help me ...

I have couple of movies in AVI-format (XVid Mpeg-4 codec with Mpeg Layer-3 audio). Here is information from AVICodec:

File : 348 MB (348 MB), duration: 0:42:54, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 50 %
    Video : 311 MB, 1016 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 640*352 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
    Audio : 36 MB, 117 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

I start Nero 6 (which is latest version from Nero's website)
    I choose to create DVD Video
    I add AVI-file to my project
    I create basic menu
    I start burning process

When DVD is ready it seems to work fine on my DVD player. But, it also seems that video is staying behind, more and more, when the movie goes on. First audio seems to be sync. After 15-20 minutes audio comes about 0,5-1 sec before video, after 40 minutes difference is about 1-2 sec and at the end of movie the difference is 3-4 sec.

When I try same AVI file on my PC using media player, video and audio is complately sync all the time. So, something happens when DVD is transcoded and created.

So, any way to solve this problem ... easily ...

Thanks
Working...