Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrew14
    • Aug 2004

Dvd+r To Dvr-r

Please help. Can anyone advise how it is possible to copy dvd+r disk to a dvd-r disk. I have been given a dvd+r disk but my player will only play minus formats, please advise.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

If your cpu's DVD Rom is capable of reading the +R format simply copy the files on to your hard drive and write to your -R with your desired burning s/w.

Comment

• andrew14
      • Aug 2004

i've tried using both nero and dvd shrink to do that but each time the copied disk will play on my computer but not my player.incidently it will play on another player which will play both plus and minus formats.

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

then it seems you have created a working backup that does work, just not on your dvd player. Your player most probably does not like the brand of media you are using.

Take a look at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Comment

• andrew14
          • Aug 2004

i hear what your saying but other backups that i have done myself are on the same media and they seem to work ok.

Comment

• Phytrax
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jul 2004

If you normally just use shrink it makes a DVD-Video format disk. If you simply copy the files to another disk it also needs to be in DVD-Video format. You can select this when you create a new compilation with Nero. If you are just using the DVD data format, that is likely your problem.

If you're using the proper format then you most likely have a bad disk. Make sure you're dragging the files to your hard drive then burning them. Don't just do a disk copy.

Comment

Working...