Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Endless Summer
    • Feb 2002

Tactics for resynching divx files

the dvds I dl that are over 1 gig in total size are almost always off synch by alot. Which I dont understand because the two times i've made DIVX, both about 1.3 gigs they have not been off synch.

Does this have to do with the fact that the DIvx files are split in two for downloading?

If I take the two halfs and put them back together will the synchage problem be gone? Also, what program would you advise to do this with.

Also is it possible to take away the audio and then change it in such a way that both the audio and video will line up perfectly?
    Are there any programs other than Cool Edit that do this?

(if you belong to the FBI or any government organization you fully must waive all right to try me on any charges related to multimedia)

Finally, i'm wanting to burn my collection of films onto CDr's using VCD, but several of them are over the 700mb mark buy say 10 or 20 mbs, what should I do to get them under the mark? that doesn't involve splitting them up any further with avichop.

p.s. 56kers kick ass
  • TheShadow091
    • Jan 2002

Lets take it one at a time. When encodeing to DivX, sometimes (most of the time) it helps to not compress the audio at first. Use PCM and then compress the audio afterwards in VirtualDub or NanDub. Setting the keyframes to occur every second also helps to keeo the audio in sync.

Im afraid thers nothing you can do about your VCDs. They have to be kept at a specific bitrate and cannot be changed, so the only thing to do is split them.

PS I was once a 56Ker. It really sucked.
    -TheShadow

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
    -Houdini

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

It's truly a good idea to create the movie first and then joining the audio later. However, I tend to process the audio along with the video for convenience sake.

If you find that the audio is out of sync with the video, you can always set the audio delay in the interleaving option under the audio tab. You can use Nandub to extract MP3 track (presumably) of divx movie. Then, You save a new movie file, but without the audio. Now you have the soundless movie clip and a separate soundtrack of the movie. Set the audio (and video) to Direct Stream Copy and use the MP3 file you just extracted. You have to roughly determine how off the sound is from the video, and put in the adjustment values in the audio interleave option.

p.s. 56K sucks indeed, but Broadband sucks too at high prices.

Comment

Working...