Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cinimdoaz
    • Aug 2004

Long time coding movies to dvd

Why is it that my computer take hours sometimes days to recode, code and burn to dvd a movie for example i have a tv series that i have downloaded and i try to burn the video file to dvd it starts to encode the file and then it take hours or days even if i take it off my camcorder then take a long time to burn. I also tried to use nero recode 2 to make my video files in to mpeg4 compression so i could put 10 video files on one dvd but that takes days also. I have a P4 2.4ghz 800mhz fsb 1gig ddr3200 ram a 40 gig and 80 gig hard drive it is a brand new computer and the 40 gig drive is empty except for windows 2000 and the burning software the video files are on the 80 gig hard drive. I have a 8x dvd burner.
  • Phytrax
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2004

What type of file are you starting with? You can use Flask or Gordian Knot to convert to a divx/mpeg4 format avi file if you're starting with a mpg. If you already have a avi file use NanDub to recompress it. It should take around 4 hours for a 2 hour video on your system. I've seen some other software take maybe twice as long to go to DVD format, but not days. Make sure you scan your computer for spyware and viruses. Defrag your hard drive and try to make sure they're in DMA mode also.

Comment

• Floppy

Nerovision express 2 cut my enconding time 170/185%. I was encondind avi files of about 12GB to DVD and I tryed every piece of software under the sun.

Flaskmpeg was by far the best at 8/10 hours, but for a straight up coversion and burn Nerovision express 2, was my choice.

I was up to 20 hours originaly and now it takes 3 hours max.

Comment

Working...