Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coolcatz
    • Sep 2004

unable to open file error

can anyone help with this dilemma i currently use dvd santa to convert my movie files to dvd format but i keep getting the message cannot open file when i try to convert an .avi for instance to dvd format the files play ok in a media player so there is no sign of corruption. thnx in advance
  • Floppy

Try using Nerovision Express 2

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"i keep getting the message cannot open file when i try to convert an .avi for instance to dvd format the files play ok in a media player so there is no sign of corruption."

Open the original AVI file in "VirtualDubMod". Go to "File" > "Open Video File". Then go to "File" > "File Information" and post everything that is listed in both the video and audio sections of the dialog box, or alternatively, post a "Screenshot" of the information.

Comment

• coolcatz
        • Sep 2004

i get this message in virtual dub

couldn't locate decompressor for format "div 3" (microsoft high-speed mpeg-4 v3 [hack:divx low-motion]). virtual dub requires a video for windows compatible codec to decompress video. direct show codecs such as those used by windows media player are not suitable. only "direct stream copy" is available for this video

also i do not know how to take a snapshot of my screen to post

thnx very much for any advice

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"i do not know how to take a snapshot of my screen to post"

Your keyboard should have a "Print Screen" button. Simple hit this button with the "File Information" dialog showing, and paste the contents into a word processor such as Microsoft Word.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"couldn't locate decompressor for format 'div 3'"

Download and install the DivX v.3.11 alpha codec...

Comment

• Floppy

Hi guys

If you have it use it

Nero Vision express 2

Comment

Working...