X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FrogSlayer
    • Sep 2004

Making copies of copies made from dvdshrink

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else tried making copies of there copies that they made from dvdshrink? I have and It give me a redundency error. Anyone else tried this and succeeded? If so, could you explain how and what software you use.

I use dvdshrink 3.2 and save it to the hd, then I use CloneDVD2 to burn it to dvd. And as long as I burn it at 2-2.4 it never makes a coaster. If I try 4x it screws up at the end. But I don't mind waiting 23min for a perfect disc.

Thanks,
    FrogSlayer
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

sounds as if your burns are not very good. Get yourself higher quiality media and the latest firmware for your writer.

Comment

• Floppy

I wont give advice on this subject since one backup should be enough for anyone for a film you own.

Some minerals on you. hmm?
      Last edited by Guest; 10 Sep 2004, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• FrogSlayer
        • Sep 2004

My burns are fine. As as the media is concerned I use Verbatim. What do you consider a higher quality media? And the firmware is updated to whatever version is the latest.

So other than bashing my media quality and firmware version is there anyone else that might have some idea of my trouble?

And for the record I own my films. And I choose to back them up so that the originals never get damaged. This error came to me due to a project I was working on. And I was testing that theory.

FS

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Why don't you simply make another copy from the original(s)?

Comment

• SHG
            • Sep 2004

Hi,

I have used Nero successfully to make copies of my DVD Shrink copies. I just create a folder on my hard drive where I want to store the files, select "Copy DVD" from the Nero options, point Nero toward the designated folder, and tell it to copy. Nero copies my dvd as an .nrg file, from which I can then burn as many copies of it as I want.

SHG

Comment

• Floppy

Originally posted by SHG
              Hi,

I have used Nero successfully to make copies of my DVD Shrink copies. I just create a folder on my hard drive where I want to store the files, select "Copy DVD" from the Nero options, point Nero toward the designated folder, and tell it to copy. Nero copies my dvd as an .nrg file, from which I can then burn as many copies of it as I want.

SHG
              Hi guys
              Hei SHG

Why would you want to burn as many copies as you'd like?

Why is one not enough?

You own the DVD's in question, I dont denie it but I can smell the coffee all the way here.

You dishing them out?

Comment

• SHG
                • Sep 2004

Not that it's really any of your business, but these are homemade dvds, made from my own videotapes. So, even if I was "dishing them out," I don't see that you need to concern yourself with it at all.

SHG

Comment

• Floppy

Your right!

It's not my business. But Since this is the case why didnt you say so?

This is information that could help resolve your problem.

No offense but the way I was reading u it came across as something else.

If your converting video onto DVD you dont need shrink anyway.

Comment

Working...