X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sudhakartv
    • Feb 2002

How to comress?

Hi ,

I have downloaded AVI file and its file size is 718,062KB.I am converting this file in to VCD.I am using TMPGenc program.I have used VirtualDB to convert audio file (.wav) it was created a huge audio file 989,816.

My question is I can't copy these files into VCD's cause these are very big size.Is there any way to compress AVI and wav files then copy in to 2 VCD's(each 70 MB size) ?

Thanks in advance for your advise

Thanks.
    Sudhakar
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I have used VirtualDB to convert audio file (.wav) it was created a huge audio file 989,816."

What was the audio format of the downloaded file that compelled you to convert it to an uncompressed .WAV file?

I ask because TMPGEnc will accept most compressed audio formats (other than VBR-MP3) for input...

Comment

• sudhakartv
      • Feb 2002

I have a just .AVI file(Movie) .I checked its properties,Audio format :MPEG layer3.

Thanks.
      Sudhakar

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Try loading it directly into TMPGEnc for conversion.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• sudhakartv
          • Feb 2002

In TMPGenc i have selected my Video source AVI file and Audio source file as same file.I am getting error"An error occured when audio was decoded" message is displaying and aborting the process.

Thanks
          Sudhakar

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Then, unfortunately, the original audio stream is probably a Variable Bit Rate (VBR) MP3 and not a Constant Bit Rate (CBR) MP3.

If you try to load the original file into VirtualDub v.1_4_8, it should offer to convert the VBR stream to CBR and resave (multiplexed with the video) as a new .AVI, which should then be usable with TMPGEnc...

Comment

• sudhakartv
              • Feb 2002

Well I have created a WAV file with VirtualDB as mentioned above.Do you think I can copy both AVI and wav files in 2 VCD's(each 80MB).If so I will load Video source as AVI file and audio source as WAV file then encode it.Will it work after i burn in VCD?

Thnaks.
              Sudhakar

Comment

• sudhakartv
                • Feb 2002

Can any one explain how to do this?

"If you try to load the original file into VirtualDub v.1_4_8, it should offer to convert the VBR stream to CBR and resave (multiplexed with the video) as a new .AVI, which should then be usable with TMPGEnc...
                "

I have VirtualDB I need to know how to do this

Thanks
                Sudhakar

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Run VirtualDub

Set "Audio" to "No audio"

Load your original .AVI

Set "Audio" to "WAV audio".Select your .WAV file

Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"

Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"

Under the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Conversion". If audio is at 48,000, set to 44,100.

Select "Compression". Choose MPEG3 (MP3)

Under the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI". Save with a new filename.

If your earlier saved WAV file was valid, you'll now have an AVI file with Constant Bit Rate (CBR) MP3 audio.

Then, to create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
                  2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
                  3) Click on "Setting" radio button
                  4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
                  5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
                  6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
                  7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - for highest quality set "Motion Search Precision" to "Highest Quality".
                  8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)
                  9) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than 60 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

I look forward to hearing of your success ;>}

Comment

• sudhakartv
                    • Feb 2002

You mean when I creat VCD, i need to load Video Source file is AVI file (Whic I have downloded) and Audio file is just created with above procedure right?

Thanks.
                    Sudhakar

Comment

• sudhakartv
                      • Feb 2002

Ok.I have created another AVI file.And started encoding.It may take several hours.I will give you update tomorrow.I am converting half of the original file.Any way thanks for you help.

Good night.
                      Sudhakar

Comment

• sudhakartv
                        • Feb 2002

Ok.I got an error while encoding.I tried 3 times.But still same error at same place .Around 34% it was showing error like "Iillegal floating decimal point calculation order" what is it mean.What i have to do again.

Thanks.
                        Sudhakar

Comment

• sudhakartv
                          • Feb 2002

Setarip,

I did everything as you said above.I have recreated my original file with VirtualDB("VBR stream to CBR and resave" ).When I am encoding with TEMPGenc I got an "Iillegal floating decimal point calculation order". and it was stoped encoding.Can you help me again?

Thanks.
                          Sudhakar

Comment

• sudhakartv
                            • Feb 2002

Hi,
                            Can any one help me on this.I am waiting for this since 2 weeks.

Thanks.
                            Sudhakar

Comment

• Enchanter
                              Old member
                              • Feb 2002

Try using Nero to create and burn the VCD automatically.

Comment

Working...