Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Beer
    • Oct 2004

Why Does It Take So Long?

Hi, may I first say the DVD shrink is a great software. I especially like the part where I can add and delete scenes from various different movies to make compilation DVDs. That is so cool, and it works, unlike some pay-for software.

My one question is, why does it take so long to encode a DVD? I wanted to put a DVD on a normal DVD-R disc and there was 20 minutes too much, so I encoded it.

It worked out fine, but it took 3 hours 55 minutes to encode!

I used to get faster results when I was encoded from DVD to VCD.

Please help. Do you think it's my processor is too slow?

Thanks, Matt Beer.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Hi Matt

What speed is your processor? Did it require a lot of compression? Did you also allow time for the deep analysis? Did you use any of the new AEC quality enhancements? Do you have your DMA enabled?

Last edited by Mig$y; 2 Oct 2004, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Matt Beer
      • Oct 2004

Hi, I don't really know what my processor speed is but I think it's the lower end of the market. I bought my pc in 2002 and it works on Windows ME.

Sorry, I did not allow time for the deep analysis. What benefit is there of that? I am new to the software, I only downloaded it yesterday.

Sorry, but I am always in a rush to understand.

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

The benefits of a deep analysis is that DVD Shrink will not only produce better quality due to the time of allocating compression but will also meet the output size more accurately.

I would only use a deep analysis if your compression falls under 85%

It may be that your computer is not the fastest but that does not mean you cannot make good working backups, you'll just have to wait a while longer.

As you are new I would suggest reading through these guides:

DVD Drive are been set in these days. But need to know some tips to use DVD newbie (www.njmcdirect.com to Search Parking Ticket Online by entering the new jersey traffic […]

Comment

• Matt Beer
          • Oct 2004

Thanks for your help. I will do the deep analysis in future, just to see. Thanks, Mig$y.

I will also take time out to read the other threads. Oh, by the way, I have just made a great DVD with all my favorite Laurel and Hardy Scenes on it.

DVD SHRINK WORKED A DREAM THERE, and encoding each scene was a matter of minutes before I joined them up.

THANKS.

Comment

• Mig$y
            Retired
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt Beer

THANKS.
            Glad to help

Comment

• Matt Beer
              • Oct 2004

Comment