Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • awp1965
    • Sep 2004

DVD player compatability/reviews

I've been using DVDShrink as a relative newbie and playing my back-ups on a KOSS DVD player (also using Memorex CMC MAG media). I get the occasional audio/video 2 to 3 second freeze ups then everything continues on as normal. I've returned to the store the Memorex DVD's I had purchased. I've ordered Ritek Ridata Ricoh coded DVD's and I just bought a Zenith progressive scan model DVB410 DVD player. Can anyone give a review of this DVD player (with regards to playing back-ups from DVDShrink) or point me in the right direction. Also, can anyone give me success stories using Ricoh coded DVD's. Thanks.
    Athlon 2800+ 512MB 120HD XP RicohMP5240A
  • lgha
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Mar 2004

You may want to look at:

for writer compatibility search here:

and for DVD player compatibility search here:

and run your blank media through a program like:

to see just WHO made the disc in question. Memorex, well most manufactures for that matter, do not make their own disc. They buy in bulk. So what you buy today is not what you bought yesterday in most cases. Many posters here and on other fourms prefer the Ritek/Ridata G04 Grade A media for their greater compatability with burners/players but you should do the search yourself and see what they say, search button at top of page.
    Last edited by lgha; 4 Oct 2004, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

Working...