Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crougeux
    • Jul 2024

New to DVD Players. NEED HELP BAD!

Hi everybody! I just got a ESA DP3220 DVD/VIDEO CD/CD PLAYER and I can't get it to work! All I have with it is a wire with three connections on each side. Red, white, and yellow. All I did was just hooked it up to the back of the dvd player and the back of the tv by matching the colors and it won't work. I even tried to hook the dvd player up to my VCR player and then my VCR player to my tv and that won't work! In the owners manual it said that I should get a message on the screen and I'm not getting nothing. Would you PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm use to using VCR players and this is my first time with this.
    Thank You!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"All I did was just hooked it up to the back of the dvd player and the back of the tv by matching the colors and it won't work."

1) Did you also remember to plug it into the wall outlet?

2) Is there a "Power" or "On/Off" switch?
    Last edited by setarip; 26 Oct 2004, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• crougeux

Yes, I made sure everything was pluged in into the wall outlet. I had the little red power light on and you can sit there all day pushing all the buttons on the machine button and nothing will happen. The only thing that will work is the eject button. That's it. I tried two different dvd's in it and I keep getting the same results. There's no picture or nothing there!

Comment

• lgha
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Mar 2004

Crougeux-This may seem silly but in order to use out player we have to set the tv,JVC, to "video 1" (on the remote tv/video). Don't know what your setup is.

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

Not sure - but are those cables not for analog audio? Think you need a SCART-cable.

Comment

• crougeux

lgha, You're idea worked! I was trying to get everything to work on Channel 3 and 4 like the VCR works on. I just hooked it up to my VCR and put my VCR on Line 1 and it works perfect!!! I do thank all of you trying to help me out! I really appericate it!! Now I just have to get use to it. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...