Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

The reason sp2 files gave problems is because they raised the standard on 1394 up to it's original specification which allows video capture without dropping frames. I went thru all this quite some time back with a friend and his Samsung mini dv camcorder.

We replaced files, tried different computer setups, and only got a laptop with builtin firewire to work, it turns it out it had a TexasInstrument firewire chipset. He finally broke down and bought a TI card for his desktop, everything worked fine for a couple of years till his motherboard and ram died. We moved the TI firewire card to a newer computer, he's back in business.

I spent days searching threads on this, some cams require firewire that fully supports the standard.

Comment

• Robbiebobbie
      • Jun 2009

Tried another cable but still the same. Camera is definitely in "Play" mode, and no, nothing in Windows Explorer. I'm going to get a friend who has it all working for his camera to try mine and the leads on his pc and see what happens.

Many thanks for all your help so far everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...