X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSYPlum
    • Nov 2004

Problem

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC18E which is giving me problems. When the camera is turned off, the 'Camera' indicator flashes which normally results in the battery flattening itself. However, when i try to charge it, the charge indicator light doesnt light up and in turn the battery doesnt get charged. I can, however, power the camera with the power/charger.

Anyone got any suggestions... i have looked on the Sony website but its as much use as a handbrake in a canoe.

Many thanks

L
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"when i try to charge it, the charge indicator light doesnt light up and in turn the battery doesnt get charged."

Only guessing - either the battery is totally dead, or there's a short in the charger. Buy a new battery or probably time to go to the repair shop...

Comment

• JSYPlum
      • Nov 2004

Well i have 2 batteries and the same thing happens with the second so i guess it is more likely the charger. Trouble is i had power issues with a JVC camcorder when i first bought it 11 years ago. Within weeks it developed a problem and it turned out to be a manufactures error, so it was taken back and corrected. Just cant help thinking that its a similar issue....

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Again, probably time to go to the repair shop...

Comment

Working...