Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emens
    • Feb 2002

sound and picture not the same

hello, i was looking to fix my movie, i found this website that describes how to fix divX files. it was pretty easy, exept for finding a person who would help. anyway, this is how it worked...

i divided my movie into 366 files and so did the other guy, then i send him my sfv file, he checked it out, and i got all the files that didn't match (24 out of 366), and replaced my files with them. everything was going smooth. then i put all the parts back toghether, and up to that point everything was going exactly how its described on that site. well i though i had i perfect finished movie...almost....

the picture is frairly perfect, it fixed all the bad spots i had before, but there was something wrong, the sound was by a bit, if i had to guess, maybe 5-8 secs ahead of the pic. as the movie went on, i think it got closer, maybe to a 1-2 second difference........i don't understand why this happen, it wasn't suppose to, technically it shouldn't have.......well, does anyne know anything about this, how to fix it?
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

If it's a divx avi file try Virtualdub or synchronizer.

Comment

• emens
      • Feb 2002

it is a divx avi file.......i have virtualdub, but i'm not sure exactly what to do with it, i don't know how, never had this problme before.....

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Check out the virtualdub guides. Otherwise:

ensure "audio" and "video" both "direct stream copy"
        under "video" select "framerate" and then "change framerate so that audio and video length match"

Comment

Working...