Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robby
    • Dec 2004

ritek problem

i have bought 50 pack of ritek and when play they skip in my dvd player ive and aslo in my xbox i have 3 dvd player which ive tried them in never had this problem b4 i used the ritek backup to copy onto a princo and it worked fine bit anyoed as i read all good stuff bout ritek shoul i by another dvd player a well known brand??
    i have a dl and 2 hieteker dvd players at the moment im thinking about spending the dollars on a pioneer would this fix the problem thanx
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

I don't think your DVD player is the problem. Before I spent the money on a new/different DVD player, I would try some different media first. To be totally honest with you, iv'e burn burning DVD's, VCD's, etc. for over 4 years now and I've never used Ritek media. I mostly used the cheap stuff that was on sale at Best Buy. They just don't sell Ritek here and untill recently I could not get a credit card to buy some online. I have ordered some Ridata DVD+R disk, which Ridata disk are made by Ritek.

Comment

• robby
      • Dec 2004

ok when i play the movie on my chinese brand dvd player it stutters every 10 mins or so so i rewind it and play it again on the dodgy bit and it seems to play fine but then stutters further down the track
      thats y i think it the dvd player
      as soon as i play it in the xbox i get full pixellations almost like snow
      how come i bade a sucsessfull copy of the dodgy disc onto a princo and it worked fine?

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

You could have a dodgy batch of Ritek.
        Have you tried running a lens cleaner through your player?
        Have you checked out www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers for a review of your player and media brand results?
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• robby
          • Dec 2004

just bought a pioneer dvd player it seems to play well now

Comment

Working...