Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nateROCZ
    • Dec 2004

Deep Analysis Error

my option of DEEP ANALYSIS is not available, and i keep getting unversal's gotard running man.

i have been having trouble backing up some dvd movies using dvd shrink, and i have noticed a pattern on them. they have all been Universal Picture Company and they have all had that damn running man. i have copied over 50 dvds in this past month and the only two i'm having a problem with is "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and the "Bourne Supremacy". Other people have had problems with the "Punisher". i had no problem, but that was also the first moive i used the Deep Analysis on. since then i haven't had a problem with backing up files untill the Enteral Sunshine and Bourne. i was going to preform the a deep analysis on the file but the option is not available. under the "Backup Quality Settings" the option of "Perform Deep Analysis" is not available, the option is Greyed out. i have already tried free more space on the HDD (currently 17.5gb w/ the Bourne Supremacy), and i have also unistalled/reinstalled the the program incase i changed some setting inadvertently.

What's the deal, why cant i preform a deep analysis. has anybody else found another way around the running man other than the deep analysis or re-authoring? i feel like i am beating my head on the wall with this one.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

As I've posted to several other threads about these same DVDs,(Commercial software) DVD2One handles these DVDs effortlessly (and quickly)...

Comment

• nateROCZ
      • Dec 2004

thanks for the tip, i will try there software. may concern was about the program (DVDshrink), why cant i preform a deep analysis on movies any more? program setting, not enough space on the HDD?? the option is no longer avalible

Comment

• giggles
        • Dec 2004

Hi nateROCZ,

I, too, have the same problem you have. I've been able to use DVDShrink to back-up all movies until now. I haven't been able to create an ISO image for either Bourne Supremacy nor Eternal Sunshine of Spotless mind. DVDShrink gives me an error when trying to endode and then the program just closes. There were times it'll say that there's an error due to "Copy Protection", and then bails out.

Has anyone had any success? Please help.

Thank you.

Comment

• nateROCZ
          • Dec 2004

I tried the Eternal Sunshine a couple days later, and i was able to backup the movie, once i performed a DEEP ANALYSIS. When i go to copy the Bourne Supremacy, i can't do a deep analysis. the option is not open to me, and it's only on that movie. Why can't i perform a deep analysis on the Bourne Supremacy? that my question.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Perhaps it don't need any compression?

Comment

• sfheath
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Sep 2003

Please do a search on Bourne .... there's reams of it!
              This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...