X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHP
    • Dec 2004

Help: WinDV problem, please help me!

Hello everyone

I would be so appreciated if someone could guide me about my problem with WinDV. Fist of all I must say that I contacted WinDV's webpage authorities, there was no reply.

I exteremly need your help, please!

When I downlaoded WinDv, for the first couple of times there was no problem at all. I could transfere my DV file (via FireWire cable) from Cam (Sony TRV) to my Laptop (O/S Wind2000, Pentium 4, 2.0 GHz, 256 ram, Built-in FireWire port)

But I did something stupid, and downloaded DV codec files (like AVi codec and Pabasonic Dv codec), still have those codecs on my system. I also downloaded trial version of TMPGEnc softwares to furthure process my AVI files. I wanted to burn a DVD.

Now I can't continue with WinDV. I reinstalled it, but did not work.
    The problem is:
    When I run WinDV it shows preview movie but as soon as I press "Capture" this error-message appears:

Runtime error! This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information.

I heared from someone that upgrading DirectX to 9 could solve this problem, but I tried did not work. It is very difficult to me to reinstall my Win2000 system. Is this the last choice?

Does anyone know how can I fix this problem?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If your O/S is WinXP, simply perform a "System Restore" back to the last time things were working properly...

Comment

• SHP
      • Dec 2004

Thanks for your reply

No it's Win2000. DVIO works for me but I prefer WinDV.
      Do you know whihc one is better in case of transfere quality (no drooped frame, etc.)?

Comment

Working...