X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beamer
    • Dec 2004

Newbie ? How to burn a back up on HDD

Hi all...

I have used Shrink in the past and recently on someone elses system to show how to use with Nero in 1 step. I recently backed up a few movies when my burner was not connected (an external to my laptop). I opened the video TS folder for the movie and clicked back up. It analyzed, encoded (at 100% as it was already compressed) and then wrote to a DVD. It was unrecognized by my DVD player. I am thinking it has to do with the method of how I did this in 2 steps vice the seamless method if I had the burner connected when I ripped it off my origonal.

I am using Shrink 3.2 and have Nero version 6.312

If I try to create a Video disk in Nero, I get a message that I need a "DVD Video Plug In" to purchase. I have burned seamlessly before and all was just fine.

How can I do this from the way I have already started with the files on my hard drive?

Thanks for any help that can be rendered.

Mike
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Re: Newbie ? How to burn a back up on HDD

Hi Beamer

Originally posted by Beamer
    It was unrecognized by my DVD player.
    Does the backup play on the drive that created it?

Do a Nero update too: Download yourself package 1 & 2 from: http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up.php
    Last edited by Mig$y; 28 Dec 2004, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

In Nero, you want "DVD_Video", then drag all the files DVD Shrink created to the "RED" Video_TS folder. The Audio_TS folder should remain empty.

Comment

• Beamer
        • Dec 2004

Re: Re: Newbie ? How to burn a back up on HDD

Originally posted by Mig$y
        Hi Beamer

Does the backup play on the drive that created it?

It is not recognized by the drive it was created on. When I look at it in explorer, it says to insert a disc. I am at a loss here. I thought I did what I had seen to do on a help info page for Shrink.

Maybe I should go back to 3.1 and Nero 6.2, I used to know how to burn in 2 steps with the older software. It just seems to me that it would go easy with this newer versions.

Still trying to work it out. JMET, where do I get to the DVD_VIDEO on Nero, I open up into SmartStart, and I have a link for "Make A Video CD" which I have found that I have 3 options to open up into, 1) Nero Vision Express, 2) Nero Express and 3) Nero Burning Rom.

Thanks again, Mike

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

3) Nero Burning Rom.

Comment

Working...