Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rockyadrian
    • Oct 2004

Poor Quality Capture

I have a V-Gear PocketDVD USB-2 capture box. Power director came with the capture box so I have been using it to "try" and take VHS footage onto my PC. But when I use Power director the recorded video is highly pixilated to the point where your just wouldn't watch it. I have experimented encoding in the various formats that Power director offers but still get poor quality. Some formats deliver better quality then others but on the whole they are all bad.

Does anybody know of a program that I can use that would provide better quality. Or just any other general suggestion that would help.

Thanks
  • catwoman
    • Dec 2004

Video capture

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I've been using dvd shrink to shrink my home videos down to 1 dvd size files. I use WinTVGo to capture my videos - I run my vcr outputs into the Wintv card and record (just like a vcr) to my hard drive, then re-encode them using nero. I've found however that it is best to capture your video without any compression - this seems to give the best dvd quality files. The biggest drawback is that you need a pretty heft hard drive. The capture files run about 45-46 gigs for about 3 hours of video.

Hope that helps you out...

Catwoman

Comment

• catwoman
      • Dec 2004

I forgot to mention that the WinTVGo card will run you about $80 Cdn

Catwoman

Comment

• Rockyadrian
        • Oct 2004

upgrading hardware is not an option for me

thanks any way

Comment

• Rockyadrian
          • Oct 2004

Do you know if I could use WinTVGo with the V-Gear USB capture or is it only for capture cards

Comment

• catwoman
            • Dec 2004

WinTvGo is actually an analogue tv receiver with capture capabilities (WinPVR), so I don't think you'd want to run your capture card throug a WinTv Card - I'm not entirely sure because I know so little about this....

Catwoman

Comment

• Rockyadrian
              • Oct 2004

Ok I thought that wintvgo was a software not hardware

thanks for you help

Comment

Working...