Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinz
    • Dec 2004

Extras and compression question

I am a bit confused about compressions.. I am using version 3.2 of Shrink and having a hard time finding information on Custom ratios.. I am trying to get as little compression on the main movie as possible but still include the Menu and extras. I noticed in Full disc mode on 3.2 you can select Custom ratios on the Extras.

So just by looking at it, I could bump the compression to the max on the extras and make the main movie as good as I could right? If the extras aren't great I wouldn't care.

Just max compress Extras and leave the rest on Automatic.. Is this is the best way to go about that?

I looked at a the guides and I don't have the patience to set different parts of the movie with different compressions and I couldn't find much info on just compressing the extras more.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Make the extras "Still Images"

Comment

• kevinz
      • Dec 2004

I would like to keep the functions of the extras so I can watch them.. I was asking about compressing the extras MORE to give the main movie LESS compression.. And if how I explained it worked and if that was a good way to go about it.

Thanks

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Then yes, your first assumption as to your current method is correct.

Comment

Working...