Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdieken
    • Jan 2005

Big movie backup

Just had a quick question. I understand the purpose of DVD shrink is to fit movies on 1 DVD. I love this option (for most movies). I have found that some of the bigger epics require a 60% or so quality reduction. For many this isn't an issue, but I like to keep most movies above 80+%. Is there a way to copy the DVD in full quality (or reduced a little) and just use 2 DVD's? Not sure of a program that will start coping a DVD then instruct to insert another DVD to complete the back-up. I guess I don't mind using 2 DVDs for certain movies.. Anyone help?

Thanks,

Deke
  • DVDFanatic
    • Jan 2005

i know you can do that with a program called DVDFab, not sure about DVD Shrink

Comment

• mikey_h_au
      • Jan 2005

I would also like to know how to back up long DVDs to two discs rather than compress excessively. Any suggestions of an easy way to do it??

Thanks in advance...........

Comment

• jdieken
        • Jan 2005

I actually went ahead and burned "Troy" which was compressed to about 65% (this was just the movie and sound nothing else). The dvd quality was watchable, but was really too low for my standards. It may be that I have a 65" bigscreen TV. It seems every little pixelization shows. From what I have read, there are some other options (analysis) that could increase the picture quality. I am going to check this out and will post the results.

I am still interested in a program that will burn uncompressed movies onto multiple dvds.

Comment

Working...