Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inaz
    • Jan 2005

Play movies on my TV

I'm currently using a 100 feet long S-Video cable from the upstairs PC to the High Def TV. I want to eliminate loss of video quality and I'm looking for a solution to stream video (avi, divx, xvid, mpeg), photos, music, pictures to the HDTV.

The ideal solution would be a networked media player with HD out, but it doesn't look like any exist that play what I want.

Second best I think would be some type of HD transmitter, if such a thing exists. But then I'd have to do what I do now, which is run back and forth from upstairs to select the media and then downstairs to watch it.

I think my final option, which is the one I'll probably have to go with, is a media center pc at the TV, networked, with an HD out card.

Some questions I have are:
    1) Any better ideas out there?
    2) Will 80211.g be fast enough, or will I need a gigabit network.
    3) Any suggestions on a video card with good HD out.
    4) I know media center doesn't play divx, xvid, but I still could play winamp, and any movie type with the HD out card, right?

Thanks for any input.
  • TRI0N
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Dec 2004

Media Center Plays divx and xvid just fine. You could also just use NeroVision Express 3 and compile your own DVD-ROM out of mpg, avi, wmv etc if that is what you want.

As for an HD out card.. I don't know of one that is out but your better off with just a Progressive Scan DVD-ROM Player for your HD system.
    Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• inaz
      • Jan 2005

I thought I would better off with something like a GeForce 6600 or 6600GT based card. It has native component output. Then all my media, including DVD would be upsampled to HD.

Comment

• TRI0N
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Dec 2004

Check out this site for HD Devices.

Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

Working...