X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

Tmpgenc Ac3 Plugin

i have problems with tmpgenc plus crashing only with video files containing ac3 audio. i have the ac3 filter and ac3 acm decompressor. any ideas?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

• LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

nevermind. i applied my macgyver like thinking and figured out how to do it perfectly.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• reboot
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2004

Do share...
      My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• Wontonman
        • Mar 2003

Yes - Do please share!

I have an AVI which plays just fine - with AC3 audio that I have been trying to convert with TMPGEnc for the last week.

I have the ac3 filter and ac3 acm decompressor. I have used VDub and went through all the steps listed on this Board (saved as wave). I have also tried doing the same with VDubMod. I even demuxed the audio.

When TMPGEnc doesn't crash, it processes the AVI but the audio isn't in sync. I desperately need suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
        Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To Wontonman

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to one greater than the highest priority of listed items. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

setarips solution wouldn't work after xp sp2 for me. i just use vdub and change ac3 to wav, then i shove that audio stream in tmpgenc.....no troubles
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• Wontonman
              • Mar 2003

Tried that too

I tried Setarip's solution and it didn't work.

I also changed the AC3 audio to Wave but that didn't work.

The audio remains out of sync with the video (by about 15 seconds)

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Using the .AVI videostream and the .WAV audiostream, in TMPGEnc:

1) From under the "Advanced" tab, put a checkmark next to and then double click on "Source Range"

2) Enter an appropriate positive or negative amount of milleseconds (thousandths of a second) next to "Audio gap correct"

3) Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...