Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m3rick
    • Feb 2005

Dvd Hybrid

hI ! I really need to know how creat a hybrid dvd . i want that dvd can play music on standalone cd player and the movie in dvd player . Someone got a good way for that or a good tutorial ?? thanks in advanced.

ps :i want creat that on a single layer dvd 4,7g.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

An interesting question
    Inasmuch that, a DVD player can usually play a CD .. I'll be interested in any responses
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"i want that dvd can play music on standalone cd player and the movie in dvd player ."

If, in fact you DO mean play music on a standalone CD (NOT DVD) player, be advised that a DVD cannot be played on a CD-only player...

Comment

• m3rick
        • Feb 2005

Hello setarip and thanks for that fast answer but maybe you got a suggestion.
        i want creat something like that ...its a promotional support can be played in cd player with some song and if the user got a computer or dvd player can watch the video from the band and other bonus....
        any idea ? thanks in advanced.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

If you do a little research into its capabilities, you'll probably find that you can use NERO (or one of its components) to create a combination VCD (VideoCD) and audio CD...

Comment

• m3rick
            • Feb 2005

Hi again maybe i got an answer for that but i will need 2 layer on that dvd
            The official DVD FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions about DVD) of the Internet DVD newsgroups. The most comprehensive source of DVD technical information in the galaxy. By Jim Taylor.

that section
            [1.31] What's a hybrid DVD?
            anyway thanks for all .

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Once again, in order to provide playback on a CD-ONLY player, you CANNOT use a DVD...

Comment

• m3rick
                • Feb 2005

if you read the faq you will see at point #5
                A disc with two layers, one that can be read in DVD players and one that can be read in CD players.

Comment

• sfheath
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Sep 2003

.. and at the beginning of #5; although most aren't commercially available
                  This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

I'll repeat what I stated earlier - and then depart from this thread - to wit:

If you do a little research into its capabilities, you'll probably find that you can use NERO (or one of its components) to create a combination VCD (VideoCD) and audio CD...

Comment

Working...