Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kt4evr
    • Mar 2002

features/capabilities of Video-In?

I have an nVIDIA GeFORCE2 MX400 card with S-VideoIn/Out jacks... can my card receive TV signals? i noticed while installing the nVIDIA WDM Video Capture Drivers that these were installed too:

nVIDIA WDM A/V Crossbar
    nVIDIA WDM TVAudio Crossbar
    nVIDIA WDM TVTuner

also, there was a TV-something software included in the driver CD (i forgot the name already)... is there such a thing as a software TV Tuner?

i have also tried video capturing with a bundled utility called WinCoder but i encountered problems with video and audio synchronization... with VirtualDub 1.2, i was experiencing a lot of dropped frames running on my system:

AMD Duron 800MHz
    384MB SDRAM
    nVIDIA GeFORCE2 MX400 32MB
    Sound Blaster Live! Value
    about 5GB free HD space

any tips? i haven't tried VirtualDub 1.4 yet though... is it better than 1.2? what is the best free capturing/editing utility out there? do i need more video capture codecs? thanks
  • hrs-srt
    • Dec 2004

Hello, try to connect a video source like a VCR or Video-Cam on your S-VideoIn.
    WinCoder is probably the best but they don't sell it anylonger.
    Hrs

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"with VirtualDub 1.2, i was experiencing a lot of dropped frames running on my system"

If you have a lot of hard drive space, capture with a "lossless" video codec, such as HuffyUV and uncompressed PCM (.WAV) audio. You can later use VirtualDub to compress both the video and audio...

Comment

Working...