Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • namek0
    • Feb 2005

ogm - mpeg out of sync

I've posted a lot of stuff on these forums already, thanks so much for the responses. I'm getting so many freaking answers here, haha

I'm converting an ogm file to an mpeg. I used GoldWave to extract the .ogg audio file and used tmpgenc for the video and it converts away. No matter what I've tried so far, I can't get the audio to stay in sync. It goes from being a fraction of second off initially, to 3+ seconds later on in the movie.

I grabbed the fileinfo from vdubmod and attached it
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Demultiplex and save the DivX v.5.0.5-compressed videostream as a silent .AVI

2) Use VirtualDub (or VirtualDubMOD) to combine this silent .AVI with the .WAV file you've already created with GoldWave. make sure to set "Interleaving" to "Every 1 frames". Set "Video" to Direct Stream Copying". Save with a new filename.

3) If this new DivX-compressed .AVI is out of synch:

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"
    Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• namek0
      • Feb 2005

so far I tried most of the above and I'm still getting out of sync a little. Although it seems more like a pattern now, so I'm trying to set a positive or negative audio skew right now

Comment

• namek0
        • Feb 2005

haha, success!

thx to the new encoding it is off by a static amount, so the skew worked

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"haha, success!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...