X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • namek0
    • Feb 2005

another general DVDlab question

ok, last question for a while

I have a project almost done and I have one more question for you guys. I have 2 movies ready to go, and I was wondering how I can make a selection menu for both of them. For example, from the title page I want to click a link and go to a menu where I can choose movie1 or movie2 almost like an episode guide on a dvd.

I can do individual chapters for the 2 movies easily, but I can't figure out how to do an episode select
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

For Goodness' sake, simply click on the "Help" dropdown menu. Under the heading "Menus" you'll find your answer, both under "Connections" and "Templates" ("Template 2" can be used for your situation).

Comment

• namek0
      • Feb 2005

For Goodness' sake, simply click on the "Help" dropdown menu.
      Geez, just thought a forum would be a nice place to ask for help when I'm stumped. I'm new to this program as I'm sure you can tell

Thanks for help again

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Geez, just thought a forum would be a nice place to ask for help when I'm stumped."

Consider my remark to be, as it was intended, constructive criticism.

These forums most certainly are good places to ask for help, and assistance is always gladly proffered - but you should ALWAYS first avail yourself to a program's "Help" files and/or documentation BEFORE seeking assistance or claiming to be "stumped" - That's what "Help" files and documentation are there for...

Comment

• namek0
          • Feb 2005

Yes and I agree, sorry didn't mean to come off like a smart ass when I said that

anyways, with your and reboot's help along with the help files I'm finally able to stand on my own two feet with dvdlab, and I love it to death

thanks a bunch

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"thanks a bunch"

My pleasure ;>}

(Actually, I myself prefer "TMPGEnc DVD Author" ;>})

Comment

• reboot
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2004

TDA has it's place, as does DLP.
              Each has advantages.
              TDA is faster in most cases, but cannot produce the same results.
              TDA will not accept any non-standard dvd aspect video. It will also not accept AC3 unless you buy the plugin. It will not do slideshows.
              DLP does all this and more, admittedly with a steeper learning curve
              My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To reboot

(TMPGEnc DVD Author) "It will also not accept AC3 unless you buy the plugin."

You are mistaken. It gladly accepts (WITHOUT purchasing the plugin) the audiotracks (limited to one per "package") of commercial DVDs together with their videotracks and, as you well know, MOST such audiotracks are in .AC3 format...
                Last edited by setarip; 22 Feb 2005, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• reboot
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Apr 2004

Yeah, my bad (again)
                  Meant to say, it won't ENCODE AC3 without the plugin, which has more bugs than an ant farm. Never could get the AC3 working properly and have quit using Pegasus products almost completely, even after I bought the lot. Too many other good apps around.
                  My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...