• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

.ogg to wav

how can i do this?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

• ger@co
    Shrinkslinger, movie only
    • Feb 2004

dBPowerAMP, for one, and just about any sound playing/editing app that will play/load ogg files. Winamp and Foobar2000 are two players as well as Cooledit and Audition (editors), with ogg plugins of course. Google dbpoweramp (it's freeware and will encode/decode many other formats) for a download link.

Later.
    ger@co rulez "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

• Imaraidr
      • Feb 2005

Streambox Ripper also converts files. Its no longer avaialable for mass download from their site but you find it easily on google

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

ty geraco and imaraidr. i ended up with dbpoweramp. now that i have converted it succesfully and load them into tmpgenc i get this error: "the error occured when ACM was initialized".

that has to do with the audio does it not? it had some settings for the wave before i convert i chose 24 bit(dvd). was this right?

ty again
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• ger@co
          • Feb 2004

What are you attempting to do with these files? I usually leave it at 16 bits, 44100 Hz and 2 channels for transcoding files for my portable mp3 player. Leave it at 16 bits and see what happens.

Later.
          ger@co rulez "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

to ger@co

i wanted to convert to dvd and i needed the audio in wav format for tmpgenc. it was the settings that i changed for conversion, that did initially work. i succesfully made it into dvd with audio and video in synch throughout! case closed

ty very much ger@co
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• ger@co
              • Feb 2004

You're welcome. By the way, what did you finally do? Keep your original settings?

Later.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

yes i used the default settings in dbpoweramp. 16 bit, 48000, 2ch stereo. i also took off "preserve ID tags". with these settings it will create a wav file tmpgenc will like.

ty once again
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• ger@co
                  • Feb 2004

Okay, great. Glad it worked out for you.

Later.

Comment

• koolrick13
                    • Feb 2005

yo

Comment

Working...