X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caz
    • Feb 2005

out of sync burning problem

Please can anyone help me?

I only got a dvd writer drive for Xmas so I am very new this. I have burnt 3 movies to dvd and am very pleased that the picture is perfect but when i play them the sound is about a second ahead of the picture in 2 films and about 4 seconds behind in the other. I have tried them in 2 different dvd players and also on the drive that I burnt them on and the results are the same. They all work properly straight from the hard drive.

I looked back on previous posts and someone said something about enleavering .. what is this? I have no option for anything like that, I am using the software that came with the drive which is nerovision express 2.

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me in simple terms what I am doing wrong. Thank you
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

"They all work properly straight from the hard drive."
    If you don't experience this when playing directly from your hard drive. The problem is in the burning obviously. What speed are you burning at ? I am assuming these are actually .avi files , not a original DVD?

Comment

• Caz
      • Feb 2005

yes they are .avi files.

My drive front says x8 and I have been using max speed, the only other option is 5x (7038 KB/s), i tried this once but i got an error message "unable to prepare data for recording. Transcoding of videos failed" - I think this is because my hard drive is almost full.

Do you think this could be the problem?

Comment

• reboot
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2004

The problem is not in the burning. It's in the encoding. Nerovision Express 2 is notorious for out of sync audio, especially if the source is VBR MP3, which most downloaded DivX avi's are.
        I suggest you use different software, or upgrade to Nerovision Express 3 at least. It seems to be a bit better.
        guide: http://members.shaw.ca/videojunk/avi2dvd.htm
        My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

1) Load the original .AVI video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Caz
            • Feb 2005

OK I have downloaded Nandub, i clicked on File and then open video file, chose a file and clicked open. I get the error message

"couldn't locate decompressor for format 'XVID'

Virtualdub requires a Video for Windows compatible codec to decompress video. direct show codecs such as those used by windows media player are not suitable"

Please help!

Comment

• sfheath
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Sep 2003

Check out the xViD sub-forum for a suitable codec or alternatively, try this quoted routine of Setarips;

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
              (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")
              This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"OK I have downloaded Nandub, i clicked on File and then open video file, chose a file and clicked open. I get the error message"

Regardless of the error message:

From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Caz
                  • Feb 2005

I can't click on file information, open video file is the only option.

I think all this is beyond me, can you suggest software that I can go and buy that I will find easy to use and will work in sync?

Comment

Working...