Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bottylad
    • Feb 2005

Copying To Dvd Problem Help Please!!!

HI I AM A NEWBIE. IVE BEEN DOWNLOADIN XVID AND AVI FILES AND CONVERTIN THEM TO DVD USING DVDSATA. BUT THEY KEEP FREEZIN AND STOPPING.
    ITS NOT THE DVDS AS THEY ARE OF A GOOD QUALITY AND THE DVDS WERE ONLY BURNED AT 4X.
    SO IS THERE ANY BETTER SOFTWARE OUT THERE FOR CONVERTING THESE FILES TO DVD OR CAN ANYONE OFFER ME ANY ADDITIONAL TIPS?
    THIS SEEMS TO HAPPEN ON MOST OF MY DVDS BUT MOSTLY ON THE ONES THAT ARE CREATED THROUGH DVDSANTA.
    ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED
    CHEERS
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Probably due to the poor quality of the files created by people other than yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if you downloaded a virus along with some of those "XviD and AVI files".

Please turn off your "CAPS LOCK" key...

Comment

• bottylad
      • Feb 2005

no your wrong...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"no your wrong..."

k...

Comment

• Mig$y
          Retired
          • Jan 2004

> bottylad

Check your files after you convert them with a s/w dvd player.

Download DVDinfoPro (freeware) and perform a CRC check to see if there are any problems reading the disc.

You may well be using good media, the best in the world but unless it's recognised by your writers firmware you may experience these problems.

Would you care to elaborate to "no your wrong..."?, when somebody accuses someone of being incorrect, it is common courtesy to elaborate a little.

Comment

• bottylad
            • Feb 2005

no yeah sorry for blunt reply...
            i apologise....
            i found ot that dvdsanta has cuased some glitches when it coverts a file to dvd..
            cos i played the dvd from the hard disk copy that dvdsanta played and the film was pausing etc...
            so will dvdifopro check the file for any glitches?
            ive tries using tmpgenc to create dvd files from xvid files but tmpgenc will not recognise the files why? anybody know..?
            thanks

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"ive tries using tmpgenc to create dvd files from xvid files but tmpgenc will not recognise the files why?"

Open the original XviD/AVI file(s) in "VirtualDubMod" ("File" > "Open Video File"). Then go to "File" > "File Information" and post everything that is listed in both the video and audio sections of the dialog box, or post a screenshot of the information.

Comment

Working...