Newbie Having Trouble With Dvd Burning???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • selacosta
    • Mar 2005

Newbie Having Trouble With Dvd Burning???

Hello,

I am a big newbie that doesn't know how all this works...it all started when i bought this external DVD Drive Verbatim with Nero and when i installed it says that i have a hi-speed hub connected to a non-hispeed hub but i have put it in every hub on my computer and don't know what to do, i am not a computer geek is there an external usb hub that i can connect that is hi-speed that will go great with my xp computer? Also my other problem is the audio on my outcomes of the dvd files, i converted them with super dvd creator 8.0 but it converts them super slow? why is this? when i convert 2 episodes of the OC each are 43 min. it takes 1hr and :40min to convert altogether, is there a faster way? Also i have Divx pro free trial and Virtual Dub but don't know how to work the audio conversion can someone please help, i am so frustrated already, i am going crazy.... my email is selacosta@yahoo.com
    if i can be able to send u the files and show you that would be great just tell me how so u can be able to see what i am talking about....

Thank you

Please HELP MEEEEEEEEEE
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

You USB problem sounds like mine, trying to use a USB2 capable device in a USB1 host computer.
    Check your Devices Manager and/or your manufacturers specs.
    I tried puting a Trust USB2 card in mine but it did not give me the upgraded performance. I believe this is because this was a cheap card and did not have a host, simply an extension.
    If you are definitely USB2 try updating your drivers.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• kk179
      • Jan 2005

go into your device manager and delete all your USB Hub drivers, disconnect all the hardware that use USB connection and reboot your computer. You should auto detect everything and being, ONE BY ONE, reconnect all your periferals.

Hope this helps

Comment

• JohnC67
        • Feb 2005

I had a similar problem with an external burner. It would literally take hours to burn a DVD and frequently they wouldn't work. I bought a card with 4 USB2.0 slots and installed it in the computer. Now I can rip a full DVD including all the bonus material in about 40 minutes and about 15 more minutes to burn. I think simply updating your USB drives will solve your problem.

Comment

Working...