Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigAW
    • Mar 2005

Invalid DVD navigation Structure

I use a Mico and a Sony DVD recorder for recording TV Progs.
    Although the discs work perfectly on any player and Power DVD I get Invalid DVD navigation Structure in DVD Shrink.
    If I run the discs thru' CloneDVD2 and save to disc or file I get "Found and corrected IFO errors" and "Fixed Phillips DVD recorder generated files.
    After this the discs work correctly in DVD shrink. But it takes a long time.
    I have tried most of the fixes mentioned on the Forum using pcedit and ifoedit. They either do not work at all or will not work on the Re-author which is what I need most of all.
    Thanks to DVDshrink which is tremendous for cutting out Adverts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by BigAW; 5 Mar 2005, 02:40 AM.
  • Experi-Mentor
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2004

welcome to the forum

not sure if your "ok" means, you solved your problem but, here's something you can look at re "Invalid DVD navigation Structure in DVD Shrink" :

Comment

• BigAW
      • Mar 2005

Many thanks for your reply. Ignore the OK.

I have already tried the thread mentioned but I will try again.

I have managed to modify an ex Mico disc to one very long file with lots of chapters, using ifoedit and this will work in re-author mode.

It takes a very long time encoding though.

In an ideal world I would like to access the faulty IFO and repair the original disc without having to use DVD decrypt.

CloneDVD seems to do it in a flash but then decodes the rest of the disc again. This can take up to an hour.

Best wishes. BigAW

Comment

• wilbye
        • Mar 2005

Hi BigAW

Can you tell me exactly how you did this

thanks

Wilbye

Comment

• BigAW
          • Mar 2005

Re Mico DVD recording

I am not quite sure what you want me to clarify, but this is how I now tackle all Mico or Sony DVD recordings.

Load Mico recording disc/Run Clone DVD and save to any DVD file name or to a DVD disc.

This appears to rectify any DVD structure fault and then the new file will run in DVD shrink. It is then possible to reauthor and cut out all adverts/junk not needed.

Unfortunately DVDshrink does not have any Menu arrangement so I just check on the Title numbers and navigate straight to what I want to watch. If you want a menu you could use Ulead or Roxio and load the Clonedvd file, but I find the use too much Disc space and DVDshrink is much quicker.

Best wishes,

Comment

Working...